Riyadh Climate & Temperature
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia is at 24°42'N, 46°44'E, 620 m (2034 ft). See map.
- Riyadh has a subtropical desert / low-latitude arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWh)
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Riyadh is situated in or near the subtropical desert biome.
- The average annual temperature is 25.7 degrees Celsius (78.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 21.1 °C (38°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 101.3 mm (4 inches) which is equivalent to 101.3 Litres/m² (2.48 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Riyadh you would come out nearest to the climate station at Mangareva, Gambier Islands, French Polynesia where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Riyadh Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Riyadh Climate Graph in Metric Units
Riyadh Climograph in English Units
Climate of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Dezful, Iran - 856.4 kms (532.2 miles) N
- Basra, Iraq - 660.5 kms (410.4 miles) N
- Abadan, Iran - 647.6 kms (402.4 miles) NNE
- Shiraz, Iran - 790.9 kms (491.5 miles) NE
- Kuwait City, Kuwait - 516.9 kms (321.2 miles) NNE
- Bushehr, Iran - 623.8 kms (387.6 miles) NE
- Bandar Lengeh, Iran - 835.1 kms (519 miles) ENE
- Muharraq, Bahrain - 430 kms (267.2 miles) ENE
- Dhahran, Saudi Arabia - 386.1 kms (239.9 miles) ENE
- Sharjah, United Arab Emirates - 887.7 kms (551.6 miles) E
- Doha, Qatar - 491 kms (305.1 miles) E
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates - 868.9 kms (539.9 miles) E
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates - 801 kms (497.8 miles) E
- Abu Dhabi/ Bateen Ap, United Arab Emirates - 782.5 kms (486.3 miles) E