Riyadh Climate & Temperature
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia is at 24°42'N, 46°44'E, 620 m (2034 ft). See map.
- Riyadh has a subtropical desert / low-latitude arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWh)
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Riyadh is situated in or near the subtropical desert biome.
- The average annual temperature is 25.7 degrees Celsius (78.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 21.1 °C (38°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 101.3 mm (4 inches) which is equivalent to 101.3 Litres/m² (2.48 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Riyadh you would come out nearest to the climate station at Mangareva, Gambier Islands, French Polynesia where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Dezful, Iran - 856.4 kms (532.2 miles) N
- Basra, Iraq - 660.5 kms (410.4 miles) N
- Abadan, Iran - 647.6 kms (402.4 miles) NNE
- Shiraz, Iran - 790.9 kms (491.5 miles) NE
- Kuwait City, Kuwait - 516.9 kms (321.2 miles) NNE
- Bushehr, Iran - 623.8 kms (387.6 miles) NE
- Bandar Lengeh, Iran - 835.1 kms (519 miles) ENE
- Muharraq, Bahrain - 430 kms (267.2 miles) ENE
- Dhahran, Saudi Arabia - 386.1 kms (239.9 miles) ENE
- Sharjah, United Arab Emirates - 887.7 kms (551.6 miles) E
- Doha, Qatar - 491 kms (305.1 miles) E
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates - 868.9 kms (539.9 miles) E
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates - 801 kms (497.8 miles) E
- Abu Dhabi/ Bateen Ap, United Arab Emirates - 782.5 kms (486.3 miles) E